Mpho Maboi Opens Up About Why She and Former Soccer Player Reneilwe Letsholonyane Divorced

Kaya 959 and SuperSport presenter Mpho Maboi got candid about the reason behind her failed marriage to former Kaizer Chiefs player Refilwe Letsholonyane. Recently, Mpho Maboi made headlines after she revealed that her divorce from her ex and former soccer player Reneilwe was because she was unhappy in their marriage.

• Mpho Maboi revealed the reason behind her divorce from former soccer player Reneilwe Letsholonyane
  • Mpho also shared that they finalised their divorce in 2021 after trying to mend their relationship several times
  • Mpho said she had grown unhappy in their marriage and couldn't stay in it any longer

Kaya 959 and SuperSport presenter Mpho Maboi got candid about the reason behind her failed marriage to former Kaizer Chiefs player Refilwe Letsholonyane.

Mpho Maboi says she was not happy in her marriage

Recently, Mpho Maboi made headlines after she revealed that her divorce from her ex and former soccer player Reneilwe was because she was unhappy in their marriage.

Late last year, Mpho confirmed her divorce from Letsholonyane. During an interview on 702, Maboi said:

"We underwent a divorce and maintained silence about it. Speculation arose, assuming the involvement of a third party or financial issues. The most detrimental factor to my marriage was the institution itself. I strongly believe that had we refrained from marriage, we might still be together. "Marriage alters everything—from how others perceive you to how your family sees you. It brings about profound changes. I distinctly recall a deep sense of sadness, realising this wasn't what I desired or envisioned. Happiness is paramount to me, and I often communicated to him, 'I'm not happy.' Despite attempts, including family meetings, the efforts proved unsuccessful."For me, I feel like it's not the end point for everyone. Not everybody wants to get married. The whole marriage thing, can we not shove it down people's throats."

Mpho also shared that they have tried countless times to fix their relationship but all failed, resulting in divorce in 2021.

Thabiso Mokhethi opens up about divorce

In a previous report, Briefly News wrote that former Generations actor Thabiso Mokhethi, known to fans as Samuel or Sam, vented to Gogo Skhotheni on The Venting Podcast about how he became down and out after losing his job on the beloved soapie.

In a short preview video posted by Twitter (X) user Meshack Bevhula, Thabiso revealed that he used to have it all: a great marriage and a wonderful relationship with his children, but he lost them after leaving Generations.

ncG1vNJzZmiaop6yp7jYZ5qoZqqWfKa6056prZmZo7qmutNomp6klZe%2FqsDInqpoaWdqgHd%2BjKanoaddoq6ju8hmpqmdnqh6tLvCnJyrZaChrrqx0Wapnp6ZocSmecueq6ygn6G8r8XAp5xmnJmrvLOvxJ1m

Share!