How Much did Post Malone Pay for the One Ring Card Magic: The Gathering?

The mega-rare, incredibly expensive The One Ring card from Magic: The Gathering appears to have been sold by its owner more than a month after it was discovered. Recently, Magic: The Gathering fan Post Malone can be seen buying the card for an undisclosed price.

The mega-rare, incredibly expensive The One Ring card from Magic: The Gathering appears to have been sold by its owner more than a month after it was discovered. Recently, Magic: The Gathering fan Post Malone can be seen buying the card for an undisclosed price.

How Much Did Post Malone Spend on the “Magic: The Gathering” One Ring Card?

The One Ring card from Magic: The Gathering is purchased by Post Malone for $2.6 million, making it the most expensive card ever produced. Despite the fact that the identity of the One Ring card’s prior owner remained unknown, Brook Trafton uploaded a video of themselves meeting Post Malone and selling the card.

The rapper evaluates the card in the brief 13-second footage before responding, “Yeah, I’ll take it. This is my dream.”

This is my dream come true, meeting @PostMalone and him buying the One Ring card from me is literally a moment straight out of a fairytale. @PostMalone @wizards_magic you’ve changed my life. Things like this don’t happen to people like me. Forever grateful 🙏 ✨ #mtg #onering pic.twitter.com/VMBlDA1HdD

— Brook Trafton (@BrookTrafton) August 1, 2023

Unlike other copies with English text, this card uses Black Speech, a made-up language from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. After discovering the card, TikTok user Brook Trafton chose to sell it to Post Malone since the advantages of doing so outweighed retaining it for himself.

After Post Malone agrees to accept the card, the two hug and take a photo before Trafton appears to start crying. Trafton wrote on Instagram, “When I found the One Ring, the first person who came to mind was Post Malone.” 

The One Ring is probably currently the most popular Magic: The Gathering and trading card of all time, surpassing the $540,000 Black Lotus which held the previous record. However, nothing is official until a sales total is made public.

On August 5, Magic: The Gathering will have been around for 30 years. Over the years, many famous people have played the famous trading card game. Wizards of the Coast announced the Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth set in August 2021 and it will finally go on sale in June 2023.

Follow us on Twitter for more information about these kinds of topics and check out our latest updates.

ncG1vNJzZmiulaPBtr7Eo6alrF6YvK57kWlpbGdgbXxxf46hprBlnaqwqXnDoptmqJ%2BowW65wKWmp51dpa66ecWoqWasmJp6sLrEZqmippdk

Share!